Views
Published by

"Honor" crimes and the Background

Published on 14 April 2013, by M. Tomazy.

"This Pakistani girl's life of misery and suffering began at the tender age of 12, when instead of going to school she was married to a man old enough to be her grandfather. She says: "My family married me off when I was 12 years old. My husband was 60. Every day he would beat me. I would cry and beg him stop. But he just kept on beating me."
 Educating girls in Afghanistan Inside a firefight with the Taliban Packing up, shippping out of Afghanistan
When Gul told her family what was happening, they responded in a way that shocked her. "My family would hit me when I complained. They told me you belong in your husband's house -- that is your life."
After five years of abuse, Gul Meena met a young Afghan man and finally gathered the courage to leave her husband in Pakistan. In November 2012 she packed up some belongings and they made their way across the border into Afghanistan to the city of Jalalabad."

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/04/world/asia/afghanistan-honor-killing-survivor/index.html

Comment:
Let's notice that She was forced to marry 60-years-old man at the age of 12 years.